Mumsnet

mumsnet

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Sick

Phew... we have gas! No I'm not referring to the sprouts, but the fact that Southern Gas Networks have fixed the water-logged gas pipes near our road, and we can now stop huddling around the fan heater, interrupted only by running between two rooms.

Sinuses still blocked. I spent new years eve with needles in my face and vacuumed cups on my back, trying to remedy this with the natural approach. Hasn't really worked yet. C, our middle one, has also been very poorly and my elder sister returned to Wales from our house with germs she'd never had before.

The good news is that all this has allowed me to sit guilt-free in front of any amount of rubbish TV over the holiday period, stuffing in whole cans of Pringles and Quality Street, (thanks nan!) and remaining in my pj's all day long. Admittedly, I quite enjoy the lack of responsibility which goes with mild illness; too ill to do the washing, but well enough to look at Asos. Perfect.

Happy new year to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment