As founder of an organic skincare company, I have this great opportunity to be really careful about how I use packaging with my products and am feeling uncertain about how things may be in 20 years on our planet. We owe it to our trees to take care of them - after all, they give us oxygen.
Inner-Soul Organics does not feel the need to individually box each product. We do however offer organic beauty boxes for sale to make gifting easier for our customers.
Here are some ideas about how you could re-use your empty gift box:
1. Re-gift the box - it's up to you whether you put anything else in it!!
2. Rescue a creature from the garden and re-house it in the box. This could be a snail, an ant or even a slug in peril. Just make sure you have lots of grass lining the box.
3. Collapse the box down and use it to store things which you don't want to get bent, like the bottom of your trousers.
4. Put the box into your cupboard and use it as a tidy for all those cooking spices which you never, ever use in your food preparation.
5. Jazz up those curtains by cutting off the box ribbons and using them as attractive tie-backs. You could use the box itself to store the ribbons after closing the curtains.
6. Don't squander your money on yet more gadgets; make your own telescope by cutting one hole at the front and back of the box, then taping a lens over each hole. Note: you will only be able to see things upside down, but hey, they'll still be closer.
If you have any other ideas we would love to hear them.
The Inner-Soul Organics team.